Are you a hospitality industry jobseeker?
Have you explored Google for Jobs for your next career change?
There are a lot of job search engines on the world-wide web. However, for the hospitality industry professionals, two that stand out are LinkedIn and Google for Jobs.
In this article, we have covered Google for Jobs and explained how the hospitality job seekers can benefit the most from it.
Let’s get going then without any further ado.
Google for Jobs – What is It?
Google for Jobs is a job seekers tool launched in 2017.
It acts as an aggregation of job openings and would contain career opportunities from different organizations in one place. On this platform, you can find job listings from various hospitality job portals like Glassdoor, Indeed, Hospitality Online, HCareers and LinkedIn.
Also, Google for Jobs can have jobs listed by ATS providers, employers, and job boards. However, they will have to edit the HTML before moving forward.
Regardless of your sector, Google for Jobs has a long list of recent job openings.
As you are from the hospitality sector, you can search for a job listing based on the preferred job title, location, etc.,
In addition, it is free to use this feature powered by Google. And most importantly, this tool can furnish accurate results because of its dependence on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
By the way, Google for Jobs is only available in the US, the UK, and India with a designated URL.
So, for example, if you are looking for hospitality jobs in Delhi NCR region, just type Google for Jobs on Google search and start searching.
Snapshot of the page below for ready reference on what you should expect. The features are rich and criteria extensive for accuracy.
Ways to Search for Hospitality Jobs with Google for Jobs
The steps associated with performing a search for hospitality jobs on Google for Jobs are easy. So, let’s get right into it:
- Perform a Google search for “hospitality jobs.” Here, you can be specific based on the career path you wish to choose and search for a job role like restaurant manager, or chef.
- Next, Google will provide you with a snippet of job listings related to your search. You have to scroll down and click on “view 100+ job listings.” Remember that this number can vary based on what you have searched on Google.
- After that, you will reach on the Google for Jobs page. Here, you can use filters to find a job that suits your preference. The filters available are categories, titles, location, type, date posted, company type, employer, etc.,
- Considering that you have searched for hospitality jobs, you would get a list of categories, including cleaning and facilities, restaurant and hospitality, etc.,
- Choose a category; based on this, Google for Jobs will filter job titles for you. For instance, if you have selected restaurant and hospitality as your category, you will see job titles like receptionist, restaurant manager, food and beverage manager, etc.,
- Next, you have to select your preferred location. Here, you can do so based on distance and work-from-home opportunities.
- After that, choose the type of work you wish to pursue. It can be full-time, part-time, contract, or internship. You also have to mention the company type. Here, it can be accommodation, restaurants, toiletries, etc.,
- In the next filter, you have the option to select employers. Here, you can choose from a pool of renowned employers from the hospitality sector like Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, etc.
Google for Jobs will show you relevant results based on your selections, and you can apply for them from the concerned job portal as Google for Jobs will redirect you to the concerned page. You can also bookmark the jobs you would like to apply for and proceed with your application based on your convenience.
Again if we look back on our example of Hospitality jobs in Noida, the search with filter of employers would look something like the image below. As you can see it lists some of the top hospitality employers of the world that you can chose from.
Also, you have got the option to filter by hospitality job positions.
You can filter on the basis of job role of your choice.
Like in the image below, filter of Banquet Manager has been applied.
You can apply multiple job role filters as well along with location or any other filter (s) of your choice.
Thus, by keeping these factors in mind, why not use Google for Jobs to apply in the hospitality sector?
Google for jobs is a robust and extremely worthwhile solution for hospitality job seekers. Google is the best aggregator with the biggest job pool (both from job aggregator and direct jobs from employers).
This job search engine which is not many years old is set to become more and more popular in the coming years.
So why not start taking advantage right away!