In this blog post, Let’s talk about why studying hospitality in the UK is a bit like opening a treasure chest.
Let’s get straight into the advantages of studying hospitality in the UK. It has been one of the favourite study abroad destinations with some of the best hospitality courses and institutions to offer.
This post covers why the United Kingdom is an excellent destination for hospitality students looking for study-abroad options. If you want to explore the best institutes and courses, then please head on to our other post that discusses the best hospitality courses in the UK. But, for now, stay right here to explore all about studying hospitality in the UK.
Unique Advantages of Studying Hospitality in the UK
Proper British Vibes: Studying hospitality in the UK is like mixing the old school with the new cool. It’s A Bit of Old, a Bit of New. It’s like having a cuppa with your nan and then playing around with the latest gadgets.
Old-Timey Schools: Imagine studying at the Oxford School of Hospitality Management. It’s like Hogwarts of the Harry Potter fame but for hotel stuff.
Class Stuff: Classes here are a bit like following an easy recipe. They toss in the basics and sprinkle in what’s hot in the industry. It’s like cooking with the latest kitchen gadgets. A good example is the Buxton campus of the University of Derby which specialises in hotel management education.
All Kinds of Students: In the UK, you are not just another student; you are part of a gang from all over the world. It’s like a bunch of mates from everywhere hanging out in class. Most of the hospitality institutes in the UK have a cosmopolitan crowd.
There are a lot of unique advantages of studying hospitality in the UK. This image by Pinterest sums up the basic advantages beautifully. Have a look!
Close to Fancy Brands: Studying near the big names in hospitality is like being backstage with the rock stars. It’s where the real action happens. Some of the oldest hotels, oldest castles and some of the best tourist destinations are in the United Kingdom.
Tasting the World: Studying here is not just about hitting the books. It’s like a food tour where you get to try all sorts of global grub.
Having a Good Time: Your student days won’t just be about studies. It’s like having a calendar full of cool events. It’s like having a soundtrack to your studies.
Hands-on experience: Imagine your classroom is in London. Internships here are like getting a backstage pass to the actual job scene.
The Post Study Work Permit Advantage
All students taking full-time graduate or post-graduate studies are eligible for a 2-year post-study work permit.
The post study work visa in UK is officially called the Graduate visa or the Graduate route.
It allows international students who have completed a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course to stay in the UK for at least 2 years to work or look for work.
The visa is open to all international students who have valid UK immigration status as a student and whose education provider has confirmed their successful completion of the course.
The visa application fee is £822 and the healthcare surcharge is £624 per year.
The visa does not require a minimum salary threshold or a job sponsorship from employers.
The visa cannot be extended, but it may be possible to switch to another visa, such as a Skilled Worker visa, if eligible.
Getting in on the Action- How to Apply
Applying to study hospitality in the UK is like putting together a recipe. You need passion, some know-how, and a bit of love for UK-style education. This will open up a world of opportunities for you in various sectors of the hospitality industry and not just the hotel industry.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying for the UK.
- Choose a Course: Explore hospitality courses offered by UK universities or colleges.
- Research Institutions: Identify reputable institutions offering the desired program.
- Check Entry Requirements: Review admission criteria, including academic qualifications and language proficiency.
- Prepare Documents: Gather necessary documents, such as transcripts, certificates, and a personal statement.
- Language Proficiency: Ensure proficiency in English through exams like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Apply Online: Visit the university’s website and complete the online application form.
- Personal Statement: Write a compelling personal statement highlighting your interest and relevant experience.
- Reference Letters: Obtain reference letters from teachers, employers, or other relevant individuals.
- Pay Application Fee: Pay the required application fee, if applicable.
- Submit Application: Submit the completed application along with supporting documents.
- Interview (if required): Prepare for and attend any required interviews as part of the selection process.
- Receive Offer: Await the admission decision and, if successful, receive an offer letter.
- Secure Funding: Explore scholarship options or secure funding for tuition and living expenses.
- Visa Application: Apply for a student visa once you have received a confirmed offer.
- Pre-Departure Preparation: Make necessary travel arrangements and familiarize yourself with UK student life.
- Arrival and Enrolment: Arrive in the UK, attend orientation, and complete enrolment procedures.
Setting Yourself Up for a Proper Future
In a nutshell, studying hospitality in the UK is like mixing the old with the new. It’s like a recipe for success with history, different learning, and dreams of hitting it big in the industry.
Here’s to a future filled with British charm, smart learning, and a bit of an adventure!