Switzerland is one of the most popular destinations around the globe not only for tourists but also for students seeking to study hotel management. So, in this post, we have compiled some of the most popular and top hospitality management courses in Switzerland.
Let’s begin with our list of top hospitality management courses in Switzerland. These courses are not ranked in any order and are for illustration purpose only.
We have included a lot of variety and institutions but it was still not possible to cover all institutes and courses. So, we will keep on adding more hotel management courses to this article regularly.
Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management, EHL, Switzerland
- Location– Lausanne
- Intakes– 2 per year
- Course Fees– Approx CHF 150,000 (all-inclusive)
- Course Duration– 4-5.5 years
- Course Contact and further info– EHL
This is one of the most popular courses in the world at one of the best hospitality schools.
This course in International Hospitality Management will teach you to run a hospitality business from the ground up.
There are two pathways to this course.
These are given below:
- Four years for the Academic Pathway (including 1 year of work experience/internship)
- Four to 5.5 years for the Professional Pathway (including 2 years of work experience/internship. Overall duration depends on previously acquired work experience)
The course is challenging and has been curated by industry leaders from across the globe.
The course covers everything from operations to key management tools, and business strategy and planning.
Course curriculum, employability, reputation, ranking and alumni network combine to make this Bachelor degree course in hospitality management as one of the most popular and competitive hospitality courses.
Various other extremely popular hotel management courses at EHL are:
- Culinary and Restaurant Management Certificate
- Master in Global Hospitality Business
- Hospitality MBA – Part-time
- Executive MBA – Full time
and various other professional development courses, certificates and more.
BBA International Hospitality Business, Glion Hotel School
- Location– Glion (Montreux), Switzerland
- Intakes– Multiple
- Course Fees– Approx. in CHF (158,000- 188,000) all-inclusive for 3.5 years
- Course Duration– 3.5 years including 2 paid internships of 4-6 month
- Course Contact and further info– Glion
This is a high-quality course which has a mixture of engrossing on-campus studies and paid internships and interesting workshops.
Studying a Bachelor’s degree in the International hospitality business at Glion institute of higher education will prepare you for an exciting career in international hospitality management.
Internships and exposure to various sectors of the hospitality industry make this programme special. The course is curated by professionals and literary stalwarts.
Located in a scenic campus in Switzerland and other global locations, you’ll get to see the world by studying at this institute.
Glion Institute of Higher education is another quality hospitality education provider which has a lot of popular hospitality management courses in Switzerland.
These are of the likes of:
- Dual MBA and MSc in International Hospitality Business
- Master’s in Hospitality; Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Master’s in International Hospitality Business
- Master’s in Luxury Management and Guest Experience
Glion has been ranked 2nd in the world by QS world ranking 2019 in the category of Employer reputation.
General Hotel Management Course at Ecole Hôtelière de Genève
General Course in hotel management at Ecole Hôtelière de Genève is a condensed 2.5 years course that also includes two paid internships as well.
The course covers all about hotel management in the 3 years degree course which is covered in 2.5 years.
This hotel school is located in Geneva making it one of the most scenic hospitality schools in the world.
There are also various other extremely popular hospitality courses in Switzerland that find a place at this reputed institute.
These are like:
- Professional course in Hotel Management and Catering Technology- 2 years
- Bachelor Degree in Business Economics (combined Hotel Management Course)
Swiss Diploma in Hotel Operations Management-SHMS
- Location– Caux, Montreux / Leysin, Switzerland
- Intakes– February, September, November
- Course Fees– CHF 68,000 approx for Tuition, Lodging & Boarding
- Course Duration– 2 years including 2 paid internships of 4-6 month
- Course Contact and further info– SHMS
This again is one of the top courses in hospitality management in Switzerland.
SHMS is the largest English speaking Hotel Management Schools in Switzerland and is one of the finest & top hotel management schools in the world.
Students from 80+ nationalities attend this course which has an option to upgrade to Higher Diploma or Degree offered in collaboration with the University of Derby, United Kingdom.
The Hotel School is a part of the highly reputed Swiss Education Group Network which has a lot of other top hotel schools under its flagship brand. Each semester is of 5 months which is followed by 4-6 months paid internship. Please find the details of the top subjects covered in the infographic below.
Another 4-6 months internship is arranged by Swiss Hotel Management Schools to help students learn by practical and earn while they learn.
The front office or housekeeping based internships are arranged in this semester and remuneration fall on or above the CHF 2100 per month mark.
You must have completed the secondary education and should be proficient in English (IELTS 5.5 and above or equivalent).
There are other course categories which are quite popular as well like:
- Swiss Postgraduate Diploma
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management
- Master Degree in Events
- Master Degree in Luxury Hospitality
BA in Hospitality Management, BHMS, Switzerland
- Location– Lucerne
- Intakes– Multiple
- Course Fees– Approx CHF 34000 per year
- Course Duration– 3 years including 2 paid internships of 4-6 month
- Similar Courses– Hotel Operations Management Diploma / PG Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Course Contact and further info– BHMS
B.H.M.S. is one of the world’s leading hospitality schools, located in the heart of Lucerne, a vibrant and beautiful city in Switzerland.
In the heart of Lucerne city, B.H.M.S. offers a great campus location to its students with easy access to cafés, supermarkets, bars, shops, and restaurants and additional a 24-hour front desk security.
The below image shows how the year one of this BA course in hospitality management is structured and which are key courses covered.
From consumer marketing to introduction to food and beverage, an additional language, kitchen operations and professional development and more. There is a lot that is covered in the first semester of the course to give a perfect hospitality refresher and understanding to all the students.
Internship break after the first semester helps students to understand hospitality in real terms by dealing with real business and working with other people both experienced and inexperienced.
In year 2, students get an opportunity to analyse issues, learn about front office and housekeeping and understand the research methods. They then go back for another stint at real employers of the hospitality industry.
Year 3 of this BA hospitality management course covers combined modules of B.H.M.S and Robert Gordon University.
Below is the snapshot of what you can expect in year 3 of your studies at the Business and Hotel Management School in Switzerland.
Swiss Grand Diploma in Culinary Arts, Culinary Arts Academy
- Location– Lucerne
- Intakes– Multiple
- Course Fees– CHF 19800 – CHF 21300 per term
- Course Duration– 33 Weeks plus optional 4-6 months paid internship
- Similar Courses– BA Culinary Arts/Swiss Grand Diploma in Pastry and Chocolate
- Course Contact and further info– CAA Switzerland
Culinary Arts Academy is located in the Cesar Ritz Campus in Switzerland. The course is created and delivered by culinary industry experts.
The course is delivered at the Le Bouveret Campus in Switzerland.
The course is divided into three 11 weeks terms.
One paid internship of 4-6 months is arranged by the Culinary Arts Academy to help candidates get real-world experience if they enrol for 2 terms or more.
The Course includes hundreds of kitchen hours over a period of 3 terms. Candidates also receive Swiss Certificate apart from the Diploma.
After the end of term 1, students get the certificate of Culinary Arts essentials. After the end of term 2, students get a Diploma in European Culinary Arts. After the end of term 3, students get a Swiss Grand Diploma in Culinary Arts.
MA in Entrepreneurship for Global Hospitality and Tourism – Cesar Ritz, Switzerland
- Location– Brig
- Intakes– Multiple
- Course Fees– CHF 43,000 all-inclusive (Approximately)
- Course Duration– 6 months Accelerated plus 4-6 months paid internship
- Similar Courses– Bachelor Degree in Hotel & Tourism Management/
- Course Contact and further info– Cesar Ritz MA
The course is divided into two trimesters followed by an internship arranged by the institute. The internship is a part of the course and is paid in most of the cases. A minimum of CHF 2300 can be expected per month during the internship in Switzerland.
At the end of the year, a student is awarded two certifications (degree).
Master of Arts in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry awarded by University of Derby, UK.
Master of International Business in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry awarded by César Ritz Colleges Switzerland (recognised by Canton of Valais)
The dual degrees make this programme on entrepreneurship for hospitality and tourism even more rewarding.
Here’s what you can expect to learn in Two Trimesters which is followed by an internship:
After the completion of the first 2 trimesters, students would be expected to undertake an industrial placement arranged or approved by the College. This is for the period of 4-6 months.
Cesar Ritz colleges have close industry partnerships with global industry leaders that includes the iconic Ritz Paris hotel.
César Ritz Colleges Switzerland is placed in three campuses: the historic centre of Lucerne, lakeside at Le Bouveret, and up in the mountains at Brig.
Other notable schools and hospitality courses in Switzerland
And these are not all, there are various other extremely popular hotel management courses in Switzerland.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree programme in Hospitality Management – HTMi
- MBA in Global Hospitality Management- Le Roches
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes in Hospitality and Tourism – Le Roches
- Master’s in Hospitality Management and Digital Strategy- Le Roches
- Masters in Hospitality Management- Hotel School Montreux
- Bachelor in International Hotel Management- Vatel Switzerland
- MBA in International Hotel Management – Vatel (Multiple Campuses)
- MBA Dual Degree- BHMS
And more. The list is endless making Switzerland as a quality provider of hospitality education through its extremely popular hospitality institutes.
Studying hospitality management in Switzerland is a unique opportunity.
Mixing an accelerated course with a paid placement helps candidates in getting both academic and practical exposure.
This opens up a lot of opportunities for its graduates.
Hope you found the list of hospitality management courses in Switzerland useful. We have intentionally kept this article crisp and precise while making an effort to cover most of the details in minimum possible words.
For detailed course information please visit our hospitality course section which lists hotel management courses from all across the globe.