Website Pacific International Hotel Management School
Fees: Approx. NZ$ 35500 (International students), 14,000 (domestic students)
Study at a hotel and get a guaranteed paid internship/placement. Studying at the Pacific International Hotel Management School in New Zealand gives you an all hospitality experience. The institute is a renowned hospitality school that has a tradition of producing top hoteliers and hospitality professionals. PIHMS alumni can be found in most if not at the 100 top hotel chains in the world. So, studying a master degree from PIHMS lets you become part of the bigger and well-established hospitality community. Living on campus is an experience worth remembering and you are certain to make friends for a lifetime while studying at the Pacific International School.
New Zealand is becoming a more popular destination for studying hospitality and this hotel school is ranked among the top institutes in the area. Completing a Master’s degree in Hotel Management from Pacific International Hotel Management School is an extremely rewarding experience. Not only in terms of guaranteed placement and career opportunities but also in terms of experiencing great hotel environment while studying. Studying with like-minded students in serene surrounding under the guidance of hotel industry experts is a delight in itself. Have a look in 2 minutes on what you can expect at PIHMS. Here’s the video for you.
The video might have given you a refresher on how this amazing hotel school works. You are sure to add wings to your career in the hospitality industry on completion of this course.
This Master of Hotel Management programme enables the student to:
- Manage job-related activities at operational levels in various hotel departments like Food and Beverages, Housekeeping, Banquet, Sales and Marketing etc.
- Undertake project development and conduct needs analyses and feasibility studies.
- Assist in new product and services development.
- Conceptualise the structure and nature of the hospitality industry in a national and international context
- Develop and display multiple hospitality skills.
- Be aware of hospitality-related regulations and be competent enough to implant them at the workplace.
- Learn and manage computer-based management and information systems for financial control, budget and planning, materials management, marketing etc.
- Formulate a research proposal, critically review the relevant literature, gather and analyse appropriate data, and present results and recommendations in a professional manner in both written and oral forms.
- Develop leadership skills in hospitality.
- Understand contemporary hospitality and tourism issues.
- Create a more sustainable work environment.
The programme covers a range of hospitality subjects.
Course Eligibility and intakes
To apply for this course, you would need to hold a Bachelor degree in Hospitality, Business, Marketing or hospitality and tourism-related degree. 3 or more years of hospitality experience can be considered for those looking for a career change to hospitality. An IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent is a pre-requisite to apply for this course. There are 4 intakes each year to this course of Master degree in hotel management. Please check the website link on top to learn more about this course, the application process, next intake and about the individual subjects.