Website Glion Institute of Higher Education
Fees: Approx. CHF 48,000
Course Duration- 2 Semesters And a paid internship
As the course name suggests, this Master’s in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation from Glion institute of higher education, Switzerland is all about innovation.
There are two intakes of this Master’s degree course in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation each year.
Students can enrol on this course either in February or in September. Kindly get in touch with the admissions office to know more about this course by checking the website link in the snapshot box above.
About Glion Institute, Switzerland
Located on a scenic campus in Switzerland and other global locations, you’ll get to see the world by studying at this institute. Glion is ranked among the top institutions for employer reputation for hospitality & leisure management ( according to QS World University Rankings). The institute has campuses in Switzerland and London. By studying at Glion, you would also get an opportunity to work with a range of cultures in some of the globe’s most stunning locations.
Here are some key facts that make the Glion institute of higher education special.
- More than 98% of graduates have more than 1 offer of employment before graduation
- 5.8 is the average internship offer per student
- 250+ global hospitality businesses and employers visited the Glion campus last year
- 2 campuses in Switzerland and 1 campus in London, United Kingdom
The hospitality industry is one of the fastest-growing industries across the globe and has been so for the past many decades.
The current growth of hospitality and travel is fuelled by regular hospitality innovation which again is led by highly energetic entrepreneurs and startup founders.
This course in hospitality, entrepreneurship and innovation is curated for budding entrepreneurs of the hospitality industry with an ever-increasing appetite for innovation and creativity.
This course has a lot of interesting courses and options to get first-hand exposure to entrepreneurship in action.
According to the Course Director, by studying this course at Glion, you can discover how you can shape the future of hospitality through smart technology, meaningful experiences, hotel design and the sharing economy.
This course includes: A Business field trip to Berlin is included in Semester 1 of this Master’s degree course. A field trip to Silicon Valley and Napa Valley is a part of the second semester.
Students would also be organising a fair about innovation in hospitality in the second semester of the course. But it’s much more than that.
A wide array of subjects related to the hospitality industry, innovation and entrepreneurship would be covered during the two academic semesters. Some of the courses covered during the two semesters are:
- Industry Fundamentals and Complexity
- Trends, Disruptive Models and Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Hospitality Operations
- F&B Management and Value Delivery
- Leadership, Team Building and Intercultural Management
- Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Design Thinking and Start-up Creation Process
- Partnership and Ecosystem Management
- Strategic Governance and Compliance Strategy
- Protecting your Brand and Your Business
- Marketing and Big Data in Hospitality
- Sales and Contracts Negotiation
- Revenue Management and Digital Distribution Strategy
- Digital Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Fundraising and Financial Strategies
- Mergers, Acquisition and Restructuring
- Sustainable Development and Social Entrepreneurship
Internship A paid internship is organised by the institute with one of the partnering hospitality employers. The duration of the internship is 4-6 months. All students are also required to complete a research business project while they pursue their internship.