Website Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology
Fees: Approx. CAD 35000 (total fees)
The Course of Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management is offered at the School of Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts at the Fanshawe college in Canada. The course is of 2 years duration divided into 5 levels that also include 4 months of paid internship. On successful completion of this course, students may get a chance to work in the Canadian hospitality industry. This course is tailor-made for all the international students who would like to pursue a hospitality course in Canada and gain some experience of working in the Canadian hospitality industry. This course is specifically designed for university and college graduates seeking a career in the tourism and hospitality sector. There are multiple benefits to pursuing this hospitality course. Some of these are mentioned below.
- You get to earn while you learn – this program includes a four-month paid work term within the Canadian Hospitality and Tourism industry.
- This course is a Pathway to Canada – this two-year program may lead to a longer work permit of up to 3 years for international students.
- Management experience – this program is unique in that students develop both extensive knowledge of the hospitality and tourism industry as well as a strong skill set in management.
For those looking to build a hospitality career in Canada, the course can lead you to a strong head start. This program focuses on applied knowledge in the field of hospitality operations within a global economy that encompasses the planning and management of hospitality businesses of varying size and complexity. During this hospitality course, you will be required to apply critical thinking, multitasking, and problem-solving skills. Efforts would be made to develop analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills in students through the use of authentic case studies with leading industry partners and relevant industry technology. Some of the key course modules covered during the two years of this course are:
- Internship Preparation 1
- Global Perspective of Food & Wine
- Canadian Tourism Industry
- Service Intro
- Hospitality Human Resources Management
- Accommodations Management
- North American Tourism
- Marketing for Hospitality Management
- Service Leadership
- Beverages, Wines & Spirits
- Global Leadership Strategies
- Hospitality Law & Risk Management
- Sales & Customer Relations
And various other courses and electives. Graduates of this program will find employment in a variety of disciplines from the hospitality industry including Hotels, Resorts, Convention Centers, Restaurants, Tourism Office and Tour Companies. This college has a lot of established hospitality and recruitment partners to ensure proper career assistance to all its graduates. There are various top hospitality job portals of Canada which would complement the effort of the institute’s placement office.
Fanshawe is a comprehensive college serving the greater London region of Canada by providing flexible learning arrangements and experiential education opportunities developed in response to labour market needs. Fanshawe is one of Ontario’s largest colleges – with four campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Woodstock – Fanshawe serves close to half a million people with a promise to educate, engage, empower and excite. The college offers more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs to 43,000 students each year. IELTS or similar English language qualification is a pre-requisite for international students. Please visit the course page link given in the top snapshot box to know more about eligibility, application process and more.