Website Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Fees: CAD 17,500 / year (Average for International Students), CAD 5300 / yr. Local candidates
Highlights of the Course:
- The Course duration is 2 years Full time.
- The Hospitality Diploma Course has an employment rate of 98% for graduates.
- The median salary for fresh graduates is CAD 31,200.
- Integrated work-based learning in popular restaurants on the SAIT campus.
- Hotel School of SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) is ranked among the top 100 global hotel schools by reputed QS world ranking over the years.
- Regarded as one of the best hotel schools in the world by CEO World Magazine.
- Admission for Fall 2023 opens in October 2022.
- School of Hospitality and Tourism SAIT is the only hotel school in Canada to be ranked among the top 100 in the world on a regular basis.
- Fees for International students are approximately CAD 35,000 for 2 years.
- Fees for Candian Students are approximately CAD 10,000 for 2 years.
- SAIT is known for its real-world education and innovative curriculum
- Students get the hospitality industry ready through expert guidance, hands-on experience and by utilising state-of-the-art facilities on campus.
- The institute is located in Calgary, Alberta which is ever-growing in the field of hospitality.
- Great career support and an amazing alumni network are what you get after graduating.
and there are many more advantages to being a part of this hospitality management diploma course from the School of Hospitality and Tourism, SAIT.
Overview of the Course
One of the key features of the course is the international reputation and options to be a part of the global hospitality industry.
SAIT has partnered with a lot of Universities worldwide which helps all its students to study abroad to complete a part of their studies or to gain international exposure.
Lots of students pursue their degree courses in one of the partner institutes if they wish to do so in future.
During the course of 2 years, all students can expect to learn a lot about various hospitality industry sectors like lodging, food service, travel and so on.
All participating candidates in this hospitality diploma course also get an opportunity to be a part of the action team for arranging reputed events. A couple of these are mentioned below.
- HOSPO: the largest one-day tourism conference in Western Canada featuring 50 guest speakers. It also features a career fair of 50 top employers.
- SAIT President’s gala dinner for 400 VIP delegates.
Also, expect to learn all about hotel management software like Opera and Micros and more.
A professional internship is also integrated which all students need to undertake at the end of year 1.
The Diploma course in Hospitality Management at SAIT is divided into 5 semesters.
Semester 3 is the internship module.
The top areas covered in the first year of this course are:
- Business Mathematics
- Introduction to Tourism
- Events Management
- Wine & Spirit
- Food & Beverage Production
- Food & Beverage Management
- Hospitality Law
- Revenue Management
and more. Year two of the diploma course covers some of the more advanced areas of hospitality management. These are detailed below.
Have a look!
Admission and More
You would need good grades in your secondary education to be eligible for this course.
You would also need to display proficiency in the English language. To get in touch with the institute or to learn more about the application process, please use the website link in the top snapshot box.
The journey towards a remarkable hospitality career begins here and there are very few places other than Canada to study and work in the hospitality industry.