Website George Brown College
Fees: CA$ 5500 (Local), CA$ 16,000 (International) / year (approx.)
Course Duration- 2 years (4 semesters)
The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the George Brown College’s St. James Campus in Toronto offers this diploma course. On completion of this Diploma in Food and Beverage Management- Restaurant Management programme, students achieve reputed Ontario College Diploma. The course is tailor-made for all those who are looking to build an excellent career in the hospitality management industry. In this four-semester diploma program, you will build knowledge in the areas of wine, beer, cocktails and the art of eating and dining. You will also get an excellent understanding of food and beverage cost control, financial success, service leadership and human resources management. These are all the crucial areas of successful hotel and restaurant management. So, this course prepares you towards a successful journey within the hospitality industry. Here’s more about the course and subjects covered.
The covers a lot of exciting things. During the period of two years, this diploma course would provide you with excellent exposure to the hospitality industry. During this course, you will be able to:
- use Simulation software to run restaurant and hotel operations.
- Manage the on-campus restaurant in multiple manners including aspects of operations like designing and selling tickets, working with industry partners, performing cost analysis and designing the food and beverage menu. You will be collaborating with the culinary students to get complete knowledge of restaurant operation.
- Brew your own beer
- get an opportunity to join an optional European tour
- get an opportunity to learn hospitality in real terms at a leading hospitality employer location through a 14-week internship programme.
Top subject areas covered during the 4 semesters of this diploma course are:
- Dining Techniques and Service Excellence
- Wine Tasting & Theory
- Hospitality Accounting
- Smart serve, Sanitation (online)
- Culinary Techniques Practical
- Human Resources Management
- Hospitality Law
- Restaurant Marketing and Social Media
- Dining Room Operations
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Restaurant Management Simulation (online)
and many more courses of the hospitality industry along with a 14-weeks externship. Here’s the official video from George Brown College, Canada to display in a nutshell on what you can expect out of this course. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYyfIEP_Zo While doing this diploma in hospitality management course, you will also have the opportunity to interact with industry leaders from the Hospitality and Culinary sectors via:
- Annual Student/Industry Networking Events.
- Annual Career Fair for both permanent and temporary career opportunities.
- Local tours of Food & Restaurant Management leaders in the heart of downtown Toronto.
The course has 3 intakes each year.
About George Brown College, Toronto, Canada
Experience high-quality education in downtown Toronto. The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the George Brown College’s St. James Campus houses a lot of hospitality students. The college offers various top quality hospitality courses. George Brown College is one of the premier institutions in the area. Here’s what students have to say about the things they love about George Brown College. The short video would give you a feel on what to expect while studying on campus.
To know more about the course, admissions criteria, fees for local and international students, intakes and all about the college, kindly visit the provided course page.