Website University of West London
Fees: GBP 12500 (International), GBP 9250 (Local) / Per year
BSc (Hons) Culinary Arts Management, University of West London, UK
Full time- 3 years Full time with a placement year- 4 Years There are two intakes per year to this course in Culinary management- January and September
Are you passionate about food and beverages? Whether you want to manage a restaurant, become a private chef or develop new food products, on this course you will learn the technical and professional skills you need for a career in culinary arts management. Plus, you get the benefit to study in the global business hub- London. The University of West London gives you all that it takes to have a perfect start to your culinary career. While studying, you will benefit from valuable hands-on experience and working with leading industry professionals. Please find in the image below the core modules you would be studying that includes Food and Beverage Operations, Hospitality Accounting, Food Microbiology and Hygiene, Pastry Techniques and more. The assessment is a mixture of theory and practice helping you grasp culinary skills in totality and in order to make you industry-ready. During this degree course in culinary management, you will learn a range of kitchen and patisserie techniques. This course also covers subject areas such as food microbiology, diet, nutrition and gastronomy. In addition, the University of London, through this course will help you to develop the business and people skills required to become a successful manager within the food industry. The career team will further support you to get a head start to your career through industry placement at one of the topmost hospitality companies in the world. To increase your employability, you will have opportunities to gain valuable industry contact and experience. These include opportunities to:
- work alongside renowned industry professionals on events through the University of West London’s celebrity guest demonstration and speaker schedule.
- benefit from additional off-site learning at leading establishments in London and surrounding areas through participation in industry events, visits, alumni events and placement.
- raise your personal profile by participating in national and international culinary competitions.
Internship / Placement This course gives you an option to take an optional work placement of 40 weeks after Level 5. This paid internship helps the students gain invaluable industry insights and experience of working in a real environment. Once you complete your placement, you will return for your final year of studies.
About University of West London (UWL)
UWL is the top university in London and 4th in the UK for student experience and teaching quality – The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020. The courses and facilities at UWL are designed to help students develop the qualities and expertise that their future employer will look for. UWL is also the top modern* university in London for overall student satisfaction – National Student Survey (NSS) 2019. Here are the 7 reasons to study at the University of West London.
- Location matters- London is said to be the business capital of the world.
- Career / Job focus- All courses at UWL are focused on building an excellent career.
- Scholarships- Abundant options to get financial support when students need it.
- Hands-on learning with industry experts.
- Personal support and mentoring during and after the course.
- A State of the art campus for holistic learning.
- A diverse and thriving student community.
Give your hospitality career a perfect start by selecting UWL for the culinary management degree course.