Website Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL)
Fees: Approx CHF 150,000 (all inclusive)
Course Duration: 4- 5.5 years
There are two pathways to this course. These are as given below:
- Four years for the Academic Pathway (including 1 year of work experience/internship)
- Four to 5.5 years for the Professional Pathway (including 2 years of work experience/internship. Overall duration depends on previously acquired work experience)
Please use the website link in the top snapshot box to visit the official course page of EHL to download the brochure or to know the complete curriculum and structure of the course.
The preparatory year
EHL is ranked by top-ranking bodies as the number one hospitality management institute in the world. EHL takes pride in its methodology to deliver high-quality hospitality education.
The preparatory year is the year for all its students to immerse themselves in the hospitality world.
They learn to work in teams, understand the Swiss hospitality, bring in agility in all that they do, start learning about time management and start using judgment for better attention to details. Major courses covered in the preparatory year of the Bachelor in hospitality management course at Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL) are:
• Bakery & Pastry Production
• Pastry Boutique & Gourmet Boutique
• Food Court Restaurants
• Finger Food Kitchen
• Gastronomic Cuisine
• Fine Dining Restaurant
• International Cuisine
• Banqueting & Bistro Service
• Lobby Bars & Lounge Bar
• Oenology & Wine-Producing Regions
• Beverage Knowledge
• Front Office
• Sustainable Hospitality Culture
• Rooms Division Operations
• Research & Front Office
• French Class
This preparatory year is followed by an internship to help candidates gain real-world working experience as one of the top rated Swiss hospitality employers.
Have a look in this short video on what you can expect out of this BAchelor degree course at EHL, Switzerland.
By doing a Bachelor Course at EHL, you will graduate with the following and more:
- Professional skills and management expertise that you can use to excel in your career.
- Real work experience through multiple internships arranged and guided by the institute.
- An internationally accredited degree (Swiss/ECTS & NECHE)
- Travel souvenirs, cultural awareness and language skills that will help you gain a competitive edge while climbing the management ladders of the hospitality world.
- A global network of alumni connections which EHL takes pride in. You will find in your network industry leaders and hospitality entrepreneurs.
- Industry recognition and business contacts by completing a top-ranked hospitality degree.
About the Institute
EHL is one of the Top Hospitality Schools in the world that also provides several short hospitality training courses.
Here are some details about EHL in numbers:
Total number of students- Approximately 3400 from 121 nationalities
Average age- 22 Percentage of female Students – 57%
Alumni percentage in Senior management and CEO level positions – Over 48%
And there’s a lot more that makes EHL a premier hospitality management school.
Switzerland is home to several great hotel management schools and EHL has been regarded as one of the most reputed ones. The institute was established in 1893 and has been a quality institute ever since.
It has a reputation for creating the best hoteliers in the world from decades. Please visit the given course page to know more about eligibility and admissions to this Bachelor in Science in International hospitality management from Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Switzerland.