Website Pacific International Hotel Management School
Fees: NZ$ 7,600 - NZ$ 8,500 for local students (check below for International)
Course Duration – 3 Years (Including two 6 months paid internships)
About the Course
Bachelor Degree in Applied Hospitality and Tourism Management is a Level 7 course that is highly reputed and increases the employability prospects of students drastically. The 3 years course includes multiple on-site and off-site operational exposure. There are two mandatory paid internships in the first two years lasting 6 months each. This gives the students to earn between NZ$ 30,000 – NZ$ 60,000. Further, the Pacific International Hotel Management School boasts of amazing employability rate after graduation. Let’s have a look at the key highlights of this course.
- This is a Level 7 degree programme which gives participating students 370 credits.
- Students also get two diplomas in the first and second year respectively.
- Lateral entry and credit transfer is possible in certain cases.
- Career support team arranges two 6 months internships at reputed hospitality employer locations that are paid well.
- On-campus duty management training, hotel management training and event projects are carried out during the course.
- To be eligible for this course students must be 17.5 years or above, should have necessary English speaking skills and must have completed 12 years of education. Applications are evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Pacific International Hotel Management School is a renowned school which has state of the art facilities and an inhouse hotel environment for all operations training.
- Intakes are in February, April, July and September every year.
- The Pacific International Hotel Management School is located in the scenic and vibrant New Plymouth region of New Zealand.
and there is a lot more to this course than we can mention in a few points here. This course in applied hospitality and tourism management is a gateway towards getting into some of the best hospitality jobs in the world.
This Course in applied hospitality and tourism is divided into 3 phases. Each year is a progression year. Let’s have a look at each year of this course at PIHMS, New Zealand. Year 1 Qualification gained at the end of year 1 is New Zealand diploma in Hospitality management Level 5. The year is divided into two parts. The first 6 months are lecture and project based on the campus and the remaining 6 months is guided paid internship. Key areas covered during the first 6 months of this year are Hospitality Management, Management and Commerce and Business Management. Year 2 Qualification gained at the end of year 2 is New Zealand diploma in Hospitality management Level 6. Like first year even this year is divided into two parts of 6 months each. One on-campus and other with a reputed employer for a paid internship. Key areas covered during the first 6 months of this year are Room divisions Management, Marketing, Business Communication etc. You are expected to do the internship this year in Room division management. Here’s a look at what you can expect in year 2.
Year 3 This year is all about expertise in hospitality and tourism. You are expected to study for the whole year. Advanced areas like Tourism, Research methods, applied hospitality, Cost control etc will be covered in this final year. At the end of the year, you would be rewarded with the prestigious bachelor’s degree in applied hospitality and tourism management. Fee structure The fee structure is different for local and international students. For local students, tuition fees range between NZ$ 7,600 in year 1 to NZ $ 8,500 in year 3. For international students, the tuition fees range between NZ$ 21,000 to NZ$ 31,000 per year. Have a look at the breakdown of fees for international students in the image below.
Bachelors degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management from Pacific International Hotel Management School is an extremely rewarding experience. It is a flagship course of the institute. The experience is rewarding not only in terms of guaranteed placement and career opportunities but also in terms of experiencing great hotel environment while studying. Have a look in 2 minutes on what you can expect at PIHMS. Here’s the video for you.
You are sure to add wings to your career in the hospitality industry on completion of this course. The benefits of an amazing career team and a well-integrated alumni network is an added bonus. Living on campus is an experience worth remembering and you are certain to make friends for a lifetime while studying at the Pacific International School. Contact us to know more about this course with a guaranteed placement at an amazing hotel institute. Over 96% 0f students get a career of their choice within 3 months of graduating from this extremely reputed hotel school. It’s your turn next to get an amazing career in the hospitality industry.