Website Cesar Ritz Colleges
Fees: CHF 40,700 All inclusive (Year 1) - higher for year 2 and 3
Course Duration – 3 Years (including two 4-6 months paid internships)
Structure of BA Course from Cesar Ritz, Switzerland
Bachelor’s degree course in Hotel and Tourism Management from Cesar Ritz Colleges Switzerland is an extremely reputed course.
Here are a few highlights.
- Students graduate with both a César Ritz Colleges Bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Tourism Management and a Washington State University Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Business Management.
- Students get an opportunity to study at multiple campuses in Switzerland.
- All students get to gain practical experience from top-quality hospitality employers during 2 paid internships
- All graduates can attend one of the biggest job fairs held in Montreux, Switzerland
- Graduates are a part of the bigger Swiss Education Group network giving them access to the alumni network of multiple Swiss hotel schools.
Now let’s walk you through the course structure for 3 years.
Expect to begin your year with a warm welcome at the Cesar Ritz campus. Take time to visit the scenic campus, settle in your accommodation and get used to the perfect Swiss hospitality.
The orientation programme takes care easing all candidates into the course.
There are two trimesters after which the internship follows.
Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect in year 1.
During Term 1 all students get introduced to basic modules of hospitality and tourism Management.
Courses related to managing information systems, nutrition, food service and skill development are covered in Term 1 of the first year.
Term 2 covers wine and beverage, accounting, fine dining operations and management, writing skills and so on.
Paid internships are arranged by the career support team.
Most of the students are encouraged to carry on the guided internship with a good hospitality employer in Switzerland.
Year 2- the focus is on Room Divisions and Hospitality Business
This year is portioned into three 11 weeks trimesters followed by 4-6 months of paid internship.
This year is focused on room divisions, Global operations, Ethics, Macroeconomics for Hospitality Managers, Macroeconomics for Tourism, Accounting and a few other subjects.
Food and Beverage, Events and International politics along with other modules are also covered this year.
The complete course structure can be viewed by visiting the course page through the given website link on this course page.
Here’s an infographic displaying the structure of year 2 while pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management from Cesar Ritz.
Have a look!
Year 3- Higher Diploma and Degree at The Brig Campus
It’s time to move from Le Bouveret or Lucerne to the Brig campus.
After 5 terms in Lucerne, a shift to Brig makes this course even more interesting.
Those who wish to complete the Swiss Higher Diploma can bid adieu to the course by completing just one 11-week term at the Brig campus. To get the dual degree it is crucial to complete the remaining two 11-week terms.
This is what the structure looks like in Year 3 for this course in hospitality and tourism.
As already mentioned in the above infographic, the focus this year is on International Business and specialisations.
Areas related to Organisational behaviour, psychology, planning and strategy in the field of hospitality and tourism will be covered this year.
Expect the reward of a dual degree and a hospitality network that is set to stay with you forever.
There are multiple electives to choose from as has been mentioned in the image below. Have a look!
Eligibility and intakes
To be accepted to this course, you must meet the below criteria.
- Completed Secondary school education in any discipline
- English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent- There are foundation courses (contact the admissions office)
- Recommended minimum age of 17 years
There are 4 intakes every year for this course. It is advised to apply early if you are applying from outside Switzerland due to visa processing time.
About the College and Career Opportunities
Studying Hotel Management is a wise choice in the era when the hospitality industry is the fastest-growing sector.
People are travelling more and more and more hotel rooms are being added. The tourism industry is defying norms by beating standard GDP growths across the globe. The time is thus right for candidates to take up hospitality and tourism courses. This opens up a lot of opportunities for its graduates.
And there can’t be many better places than this institute to take up a hospitality and tourism course. Here are a few reasons for the same:
- César Ritz Colleges Switzerland is placed on three campuses: the historic centre of Lucerne, lakeside at Le Bouveret, and up in the mountains at Brig.
- At César Ritz Colleges, students are provided with a truly Swiss journey through hospitality education. Cesar Ritz colleges have close industry partnerships with global industry leaders that includes the iconic Ritz hotel in Paris.
- This institute is a part of the larger Swiss hospitality school community that comes under the Swiss Education Group umbrella. It gives the graduates a unique opportunity to be a part of the biggest Swiss hospitality network.
- The institute enjoys a strong network of university partners in the USA and UK.
This gives an opportunity to study hospitality and practice the same through residential terms in the laps of nature. Swiss hospitality at its best is what can be expected while studying on campus.
Bachelor students can choose between Le Bouveret and Lucerne for their first two years, before moving up to Brig for their final year.
Want to get in touch with the admissions office?
Want to know more? Check open days. Get to know more about the course, eligibility, representatives in your country and more. Please use the Contact us button to get in touch with the admissions office of the institute.