Website SDH Institute
Course duration – 18 Months Full time (6 months paid internship)
Hospitality is the buzzword for today. It is one of the fastest-growing industries and 1 out of 10 people are soon to be employed in this industry.
So, if you are thinking to be a part of this ever-expanding industry, you seem to be in good company.
In order to be successful in this industry with cut-throat competition, you need to be nurtured with some great hospitality skills and qualities that would help you stay ahead of others.
This advanced diploma course in hospitality and tourism management does the same in preparing you for a great start to your career in the hospitality industry.
SDH Institute’s Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management programme prepares students to embark confidently on the booming global hospitality industry.
According to the SDH institute: “Students going through the programme will attain needed knowledge and practical skills to develop the ability to identify and analyze business problems and formulate operational and tactical plans to respond effectively to the rapid changes in the business environment of the hospitality and tourism industry.” SDH Institute is accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, UK and the Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management is awarded by SDH Institute.
Here are a few quick facts for prospective students of this course:
- Students who complete the Advanced Diploma are eligible to progress into the Vatel’s Bachelor’s Degree in International Hotel Management (Top-up) and obtain their degree in one year. This Degree program will be conducted at the SDH Institute in Singapore.
- The Advanced Diploma program also has affiliations with other Overseas Universities in the UK. You can get admission in the final year to complete the degree in one straight year from the UK.
- The course has a tailor-made mixture of classroom-based, project-based and internship-based learning.
These are the key areas covered during the 18 months of classroom study
- Hotel Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Cost Control
- Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
- Business Communication
- Food and Beverage Operations and Management
- Human Resource Management
and more This is followed by 6 months of industrial attachment. The institute enjoys a great rapport with hospitality employers to arrange for paid internships.
Intakes, about the Institute, eligibility and more
Candidates need to be over 17 years of age and must have completed secondary school education (final years results awaited is okay) to be a part of this course.
IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required to meet English requirements. Get in touch with an advisor at the SDH institute to know more about IELTS, language waiver or foundation courses.
There are multiple intakes to this course. Due to the popularity of the course, there is an intake every 2 months. Established in the Year 2007, SDH Institute is a forward-looking school with a clear focus on hospitality education.
SDH Institute (SDH) is located in the heart of the city centre of Singapore and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. There are numerous hospitality-related courses offered by this institute.
Use the contact button or website link in the information snapshot box on top to get more information.